Service in the Church
Service in the Church
(But whoever desires to become great among you, let him be your servant. And whoever desires to be first among you, let him be your slave. just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.”) (Matthew 20: 26- 28)
“Now Jesus, going up to Jerusalem, took the twelve disciples aside on the road and said to them, “Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be betrayed to the chief priests and to the scribes; and they will condemn Him to death, and deliver Him to the Gentiles to mock and to scourge and to crucify. And the third day He will rise again.”
Then the mother of Zebedee’s sons came to Him with her sons, kneeling down and asking something from Him.
And He said to her, “What do you wish?”
She said to Him, “Grant that these two sons of mine may sit, one on Your right hand and the other on the left, in Your kingdom.”
But Jesus answered and said, “You do not know what you ask. Are you able to drink the cup that I am about to drink, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with?”
They said to Him, “We are able.” So He said to them, “You will indeed drink My cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with; but to sit on My right hand and on My left is not Mine to give, but it is for those for whom it is prepared by My Father.”
And when the ten heard it, they were greatly displeased with the two brothers. But Jesus called them to Himself and said, “You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and those who are great exercise authority over them. Yet it shall not be so among you; but whoever desires to become great among you, let him be your servant. And whoever desires to be first among you, let him be your slave— just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.”(Mathew 20: 17-28)
What Great words those spoken by Jesus to His disciples, emphasizing the magnitude of the service that must be done in the matter of spreading the Gospel to the whole world. The Lord Jesus has set the bar for being real and a true servant who scarified himself for the sake of humanity. Jesus sacrificed himself with selflessness, passion, and a modest attitude.
My brothers and loved ones, the subject of service in the church, the House of God is a major duty which is the duty of each and every one of us. The service needs to be based on our capacity and our potential, our culture or our experience in this life. What is the meaning of the church service?
Church service is a serving with love, willingness, and acceptance within our self. Servicing the Church and its institutions needs to be in all honesty, love, and selflessness without expected reward of this world but from God himself as mentioned by the Lord Jesus himself when he said, “if some one wants to serve me he or she needs to follow me, and where I am my servant will be, and who ever serve me will be rewarded by the father.”
Many people are asking the clergy seeking to know what they can do in the field of servicing the church. So what are the areas of service and work in the Church?
The greater the size of the church, the greater the opportunities for service. The first Servant of the church is the priest who has a first and fundamental task as serving the people and believers in all that they need spiritual and synod. The Deacons, who serve the altar of the Lord with all the dignity and respect, also assist the priest in the preparation of the Mass and the divine and spiritual events and participation in church rituals.
Those who wish to serve the church need to know that there are also many institutions that contribute to the church in the conduct of administrative matters and the church spiritually and scientifically, such as: the Board of trustees, the Sunday schools, Scout, Youth, and Ladies auxiliary, as well as giving donations to the church projects, and many of the areas that are open to anyone who wishes to serve with all honesty for the sake of glorifying the name of the Lord Jesus and the deployment of his message among all people.
It is a blessing to work in the field of the Lord, but if I am more concerned about my job and my personal life than Christ, it will eventually cause me great harm, and this worldly action can not be for Christ, and as the Lord said, “without me You can not do anything” (John 15:5).
If we really work for God, and if we really accept him spiritually we need to serve him. Any time the servant of the Lord sits at his feet and hears his words, they must be real and their service will have a greater magnitude to the Lord.
So what are the specifications of the real servant of the church?
1. Setting an example of giving and sacrifice and selflessness. He or she needs to love all people. He or she also needs to be able to get the functions and services assigned to him finished.
2. Having a big heart, and being patient : Many of the servants run from service when things get tough, a real servant will face the struggle and will carry the cross no matter how tough things get.
3. A comforting and effective individual: with the spirit of affection and love for all without distinctions or features to focus on a selected group, he or she must be impressive and convincing in the ears of listeners with a wise view.
4. Ethical, unearthly: he or she is not concerned with the temptations of this world or with this world's leaders, and instead they are concerned with God, and the way God wants them to live, and by doing so God is their first and only priority.
5. Committed to his or her obligation: the real servant knows and lives with the commitment, and believes that commitment to church is a core principle in church service. The true servant also serves the church with respect to its leaders, and to its decisions.
6. Bold and wise: the responsibilities of the church servant are great. The church servant must have the courage and strength and all wisdom and intelligence to act in defending and serving the church and its message.
These were some of the attributes of the real servant who will be a custodial on some church responsibilities. Those specifications are some of what is necessary for the server in order to serve the Church of God and defend it, defend the conservative True faith, and the church members in this difficult time. The challenges that face the church is great therefore the server must also develop and focus on some important caveats in order to assure success and the fruition of his service in the field of the Lord:
1. To draw encouragement and strength constantly from the Lord Jesus Christ, who gives us all the necessary aid and support. Without the personal and spiritual support of Christ it becomes easy for the sole to lose the spiritual enthusiasm and energy in servicing the church
2. The existence of some difficulties in the way of service is not evidence of the wrong path, but these difficulties are necessary to train the servant on the uncertainty of service and adherence to the service entrusted to him or her by the Lord.
3. For each Servant there is a special mission assigned by the Lord. Each mission has a different type and scope of service. Each mission serves society in many different ways, which might ignite different views, and ignite criticism in evaluating the service. The different views do not mean that the servant must try to change the method and style of service to get some satisfaction, but instead the servant needs to use the talents given by God in the areas of church service, rather than in areas defending the service which ignited the critics.
4. It is essential for the servant to be in harmony, and have joy with the public that he or she serves, or that co-serves with. The most important aspect of service is to serve with harmony and unity of thoughts and goals which assure that the service will not miss achieve its goals.
My brothers and loved ones, there is nothing more beautiful and wonderful than serving in the church and every one of us should strive to serve the church with of what the Lord gave him or her talents. The Church will grow to bear fruit when the faithful become one hand and one beating heart. We ask God Almighty to be with us and you in order to achieve success in the service of this Church. Amen.
30, Nov -0001